Tuesday 8 November 2011

Honeymoon Pt 8 - Zanzibar, Ras Nungwi part 5

Well since I still haven't had time to finish my next planned post (on my Christmas cake! Still have to write out the recipe!)  Here is an extra Honeymoon update for you today...

I haven't really talked about the food much yet.  The food at Ras Nungwi was delicious and totally different to the other places we stayed.  They had a set menu every night rather than a buffet and made a real effort with the presentation of the food and the service.  Dinner was announced every night at 8pm with drums!

The waiting staff announcing dinner! 
Menu

Fish Soup

Pineapple and Coconut Tart Tatin
Full up!
Another Menu  
Nik enjoying his coconut prawns

My yummy prawns!
On Swahili Night the staff all got dressed up and we had live music as well as the usual drums 
Swahili Menu 
Not the Swahili menu dessert but it was a good one!
Me & Nik enjoying dinner

We always had a starter, a soup then a choice of two mains and a choice of two desserts.  On our last night they set up a special candle lit table on the beach for us, so lovely!


Menu on our last night


Beef Fillet for main
They also had a couple of BBQ nights while we were there with DELICIOUS meats, veg and seafood - the biggest prawns I've ever seen (seriously they were about as long as my hand!) and even lobster (which I hate but Nik loves!)  These were buffet style which was  great as you could keep going back for more!

I would definitely recommend Ras Nungwi as a relaxing resort with great food (if a bit expensive for lunch - we were half board here) and good facilities - I sadly didn't get a chance to try out the spa, but we had fun playing the table tennis and pool.  The beach was nice and we loved the extra touch of being served complimentary fruit at our sunbeds!

Come back next Mon to hear about the local village adventure!  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100