Monday 16 April 2012

Sunday Weigh In 6


It's now been 6 weeks since starting my new healthy lifestyle I decided that each Sunday I will post up my progress, whether successful or not in the hope that it encourages me to stay positive and keep going.  Knowing that I will be sharing it all here will hopefully keep my willpower up!  In order for me to keep track and look back for ideas, I will be listing my food diary here as well (and who knows, it might inspire others to have a go too!)  It also gives me somewhere to put all the photos of the yummy food I love to take as it always looks so good!

This week has been a super busy one so I haven't been great at being organised or making time to exercise again sadly and I definitely feel more tired as a result.  Sorry for the delay with posting again this week, we were away again for the weekend visiting a friend and at another friend's baby's Christening and totally wiped out after the long drive back and early mornings.

Monday: 

Breakfast - leftover lamb bhuna and boiled rice (I've said it before - I'm weird and like leftovers for breakfast!)
Lunch - none
Dinner - chilli con carne with rice, low fat yoghurt, 1 1/2 slices of banana loaf, 2 small glasses red wine, water
Snacks - sparkling water

Exercise - Day off today as it's the bank holiday and I had lots to do!  (Rushing around the shops might count though!)




Tuesday:

Breakfast - 2 grilled bacon medallions, 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 can baked beans, 4 grilled baby portobello mushrooms
Lunch - 2 slices of Spanish Tortilla, tomato jam, Sea Bream with Thyme, tomatoes & lemon with rocket side salad, sparkling water
Dinner - Leftover chilli with a baked potato, low fat yoghurt and side salad (red pepper, lettuce, cherry toms, spring onion, balsamic, avocado oil), raspberry yoghurt, skimmed milk
Snacks - pepperami mini, quavers, apple & grapes, slice of banana cake

Exercise - Um, I know I said I'd walk in the rain but I didn't - FAIL (Also had a crappy day and came home and went to bed early instead of swimming.)




Wednesday: 

Breakfast - Omelette (mushrooms, spring onion, red pepper), skimmed milk
Lunch -  Ham salad wrap (light mayo, english mustard), skimmed milk
Dinner - small grilled chicken tikka kebab with salad and low fat yoghurt (only ate half the bread)
Snacks - blueberry wheats cereal with semi-skimmed milk, soda water, apple, quavers, yoghurt

Exercise - 1 hour walking





Thursday:

Brunch - Eggs in Tomato Sauce, 2 1/2 slices wholemeal seeded bread, soda & elderflower
Dinner -  Yo! Sushi (taking advantage of Blue Thursdays again!) (Prawn nigiri, edamamme beans, tuna sashimi, cucumber maki, assorted fish maki, sparkling water)
Snacks - quavers

Exercise - 40 mins swimming (64 lengths), lots of walking round town & Silverburn



Friday:

Breakfast - 1/4 can baked beans, 1 veggie sausage, 2 baby portobello mushrooms, 2 eggs, 1 slice granary bread, orange juice, soda water
Lunch - tuna salad, soda water
Dinner - veg stir fry with rice noodles (mange tout, red peppers, onion, baby corn, tabasco, tomatoes, garlic), lime chicken, 2 glasses of white wine
Snacks - salt & vinegar squares, apple, raspberries, blackberries,
Car snacks (driving to arbroath) - 1/2 tuna & sweetcorn sandwich on granary bread, tropical fruit smoothie, pepperami mini

Exercise - 30 mins walking




Saturday: (Weekend away seeing friends in Arbroath then Aberdeen = naughty weekend of treats!)

Breakfast - 2 grilled veggie sausages, weight watchers bagel, low low cheese slice, skimmed milk
Lunch (at Harbourside Grill, Arbroath) - Roasted tomato soup with parmesan crouton, 2 slices french bread, seafood spaghetti in tomato cream sauce, 1/2 trifle, appletiser, water
Dinner (Pizza Express, Aberdeen) - Pollo ad Astra Leggera (Chicken, light mozarella, sweet peppadew peppers (replaced with artichoke), cajun spices, garlic oil, red onions), small Glass of the Red Leggera Sangiovese (100 cals), Dolcetti mini pudding - Caffè Reale (Baby figs, cinnamon & white wine spiced syrup, mascarpone) with single shot decaf Bailey's latte
Snacks/supper - grapes, cheese & oatcakes, prosecco, champagne

Exercise - walking around Arbroath




I removed most of the cream but it was a bad choice!



Sunday:

Breakfast - 1 1/2 slices toast, one with soft cheese, one with butter & blueberry jam, 1/2 cup coffee
Lunch - selection of sandwiches, scotch broth soup, 1 sausage roll, 1 slice christening cake, cup of tea, soda water
Dinner - Spaghetti Bolognese made with turkey mince, soda water and apple juice, raspberry yoghurt
Snacks - none

Exercise - none






And the results this week:

Weight last week - 12 st 10 lbs
Weight this week - 12 st 11 1/2 lbs
Loss/Gain this week - + 1 1/2 lbs

Total Loss - 6 1/2 lbs

Clearly my lack of exercise but still having treats meant the balance went the wrong way this week.  Back swimming more again this week, I've missed it anyway so looking forward to getting back into my routine again!

2 comments:

Linsey said...

Got to treat yourself sometimes though and you're still doing very well. Enjoy Arbroath? That's my hometown!
Also, I made the chocolate Guinness cake you posted on Florence Finds - amazing!

Bex said...

Yes, had a great time there I know it fairly well after meeting Ashleigh and living in Dundee for 7 years. Glad you liked the Guinness cake, it's amazing isn't it!? x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100