Thursday 1 November 2012

A requested post about Crème de Saint Agur!

Ah, the dippy cheese.  How we all loved it at ODP!  If you're on twitter, you may have seen the demand for a post about the dippy cheese.  Here is your post Mrs Mahj Brammall & co.!  This is my favourite naughty treat after work - especially with a glass of merlot!

Source

My favourite way to eat it is with Carrs black onion seed crackers and a glass of red wine.  I served it with the cheese board at ODP and it turns out it works well as a topping for my savoury muffins too after someone (I think it was Linsey first) dunked them in!

Me and my dunked mini savoury muffin
(It works well with fizz too!)

Having just seen the source page for the above image though I have only just discovered a new way to eat it - hot!  I must try this!  I've had it on ham sandwiches, baked potatoes, toast, crusty bread and with crudités but not heated.  I'm thinking the pasta idea might be nice too!  OH and it's delicious spread on a steak (will try heating it first next time!) and for dipping the chips in ;)

Source
(I can assure you they do not cost £99999.00
as claimed on this website though!!)

I also spotted this recipe in the comments of the Saint Agur page and it sounds delish, although I'd swap the beer for wine!...

written by Mike B, Sale, Manchester, December 15, 2010
Food of the Gods

Chop 4 or 5 fat garlic cloves into thin slices.

Roughly chop a large man, sized portion of white mushrooms, the mis-shaped ones are the best.

Put a drizzle of olive oil into a large frying pan/wok and apply heat.

Fry the garlic until just turning brown, then throw in a big teaspoon full of coarse ground black pepper.

Add 3 or 4 big tablespoons of butter, real salted stuff is best but spreadable will do. Stir it up to disperse the garlic and pepper.

When all the butter is melted and bubbling, throw in the mushrooms and stir around for about 4 or 5 minutes until all are cooked and the mushrooms start to release their juice.

Meanwhile make 3 slices of blonde toast and butter (to hell with the calories)

Add half a tub of St Agur spreadable to the pan and stir in well.

When it all is bubbling, turn out the contents of the pan onto the toast and dust lightly all over with ground black pepper.

DO NOT SHARE!! Eat it all while hot, do not allow to get cold, washed down with a can of smooth British bitter beer.


Damn you guys I want this for dinner now and I have none left!!  :P




1 comment:

Mahj said...

Good God then dippy cheese was spectacular! I love Saint Agur but had no clue about this version....it may literally have changed my life! Dramatic? Moi?

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100