Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas Trimmings

The tree is up, I've had my work night out, a festive evening with friends and all the presents are wrapped!  Aaaaaaaaaaand breathe!  I should now have some more time to write about Madrid, London and other things that have been keeping me stupidly busy lately!

I have done my nails in red glitter for Christmas...

Barry M glitter polish and Rimmell dark red underneath
I was planning on adding snowflakes but my nail pen was too thick!
 I need to buy a tiny brush!


I made some Christmas cards this year instead of gift tags (I didn't have time for both)...






The snowflakes I made with my father-in-law last year have been put on the hall mirror and kitchen windows this year...


I hung some large baubles together in the kitchen...



 I even found some dragonflies (spotted them in the window walking past the pound shop!) for the tree..






For our festive evening we had a few friends over for nibbles and perfect mulled wine!  I saw a couple of easy recipes one lunchtime with the TV on in the background.  One was salmon pate and it really was quick and so easy and everyone raved about it!


Quick Salmon Pate

We served the pate with slices of sour dough bread, along with the most amazing baked Camembert   I've never made it before but followed a recipe from the same TV show which included inserting garlic slices and thyme - it was delicious!!!



I also made my Oaties, favourite savoury muffins and the roast beef Yorkshire puds I made at ODP!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100