Tuesday 8 January 2013

Goodreads challenge 2013

Last year I challenged myself to read 30 books on Goodreads, I was getting through them pretty quickly so changed it to 40.  I literally JUST made it, I was hoping to finish The Great Gatsby before the new year as one of the 40 was a short story but I was just too busy over the festive/birthday period and only finished it this weekend.  I've challenged myself to 40 again but secretly want to beat it!  I'll need to see how busy this year gets and if I get into any trilogies again this year which I just can't put down!  (Divergent hopefully!  Waiting until nearer the time book 3 is published before I get hooked!)  Last year I thoroughly enjoyed The hunger games, The Millenium trilogy and the 1st two books of the Daughter of smoke & bone trilogy.

To see the books I read last year, click here.

This year I have planned some specific books I hope to read (which I will obviously add to) and I will update them as I read them.  To keep up with my book challenge for 2013, what books I plan to read, have read and my ratings, click here.

I'm currently reading Life of Pi as I really want to see the film in the cinema (the trailer looks beautiful!) and I always like to read the book before seeing the film version (usually disappointed with the film in comparison so I prefer to get full enjoyment from the book without knowing the ending!)


2 comments:

Linsey said...

Have you read the Chaos Walking trilogy? Loved them!

Also, I loved Life of Pi the book and went to see the film last week and thought it was great. Normally I'm a bit disappointed by films adaptations but it was excellent

Anonymous said...

Had never heard of.good reads but finally got the app and slowly adding the books by my bed to the list, ta for introducting me to it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100