Tuesday 2 July 2013

Holiday Style - A week in Sorrento

by Bex

I always intended to put together a holiday style post after going to Italy.  I did mention at the time (a whole year ago, wow) that it was the first time I'd really put effort into planning my holiday wardrobe before I left and you can see a lot of the items I took with me in my holiday wardrobe Pinterest Board.

I get so excited about packing for my holidays and although it's still 2 weeks (as I write this, by the time you read it, it will only be 5 sleeps!) until we leave for Malaysia, I already want to pack!  It's all part of the fun for me and when we went to South Korea, Roz came round to help me try to do a bit of a capsule wardrobe.  I am useless at packing light, which Mahj can attest to, because I like to have choices.  I don't know what I'm going to feel like wearing on a particular day!  I know it's silly but I am used to having my vast and beloved wardrobe so having to be so selective in advance is a struggle!

Anyway, below is a selection of my outfits from last summer's holiday.  My style has evolved a little since then and I tend to be mixing different colours these days, using more neutrals.  Although I still love colour obviously!  My colours of choice last year consisted mainly of coral, turquoise, pink and blue.  As you know, I don't necessarily go with trends, although they do dictate what's available in the shops, but I just know what I like and consider my style to be just that - wearing what I like.

I ended up taking 2 short day dresses, 1 day maxi dress, 1 smart maxi dress, 2 short smart dresses, white linen trousers, 1 maxi skirt, 1 short skirt, 1 white linen jacket, 1 jumper, a few vests, 2 T-shirts, 1 white shirt, 1 strapless top, 2 scarves, 1 pair flip flops, 1 pair gold wedges, 1 pair black espadrilles, 1 pair smart sandals, 1 pair pink sandals, 2 hats, bikinis, various other accessories.


My travelling outfit consisted of my white linen trousers, teal vest, blue necklace, gold cuff, oatmeal jumper, pink sandals and turquoise skinny belt.




On our first day exploring, I chose to wear my comfy linen dress and massive glam sun hat (bought for my honeymoon but accidentally left behind so this was it's first outing!), paired with Stella & Dot turquoise necklace, pink M&S bag, cream Valentino sunglasses (TK Maxx!) and pink Nine West sandals.






That night for dinner, I wore the gorgeous white Coast dress I bought for our honeymoon with turquoise Accessorize bag, turquoise skinny belt and gold Carvela wedges.




On day 2, I wore my new Primark bikini and blue F&F maxi dress for heading to the pool bar.


 

Later, when we went exploring the area local to the hotel, Sant'agnello, I changed into a white vest and knee-length coral skirt with turquoise accessories and my white hat (a brilliant space saving solution as it folds up in the case yet retains it's shape).  I'm not entirely sure it suits me but it's so practical!


For the evening, I just switched my flip flops for my gold wedges.

The next day, we were off to Pompeii and knew it could get very hot with little shade. I layered a couple of vests and wore my comfy denim shorts, pink sandals, a headscarf and covered up with my white shirt.

Breakfast on the balcony :)





That evening I wore my favourite coral maxi skirt with a turquoise Missoni-esque top from H&M and tan belt with coral and turquoise accessories.

Huge glass of Prosecco!



I really love swishing that skirt!!



On another outing round Sant'agnello followed by Sorrento (as our favourite restaurant was closed so we went to Inn Bufalito), I wore my blue maxi again with my diamante sandals from Debenhams, big hat, gold cuff and white shirt to cover up in the midday sun.





Back to the hotel bar for a fab Mojito!
We got changed that evening for dinner by the pool so got a bit more dressed up.  I wore my Ted Baker butterfly maxi dress.




LOVE the print!


Accessorize bag


Coral bangles and green amethyst & diamond ring

Guess watch.
I wore my coral maxi again for our next trip into Sorrento but this time with a peacock print T-shirt and aztec design Primark bag.



For dinner that evening we got dressed up again to celebrate our Anniversary which was a week later but we thought it would be nice to celebrate while away and we'd bought a bottle of Champagne at duty free on the way out  :)

I wore my new Zara fish dress, M&S white linen jacket, Accessorize earrings and painted my nails bright yellow.





Nik brought me back the pearl earrings from Hyderabad (the city of pearls) where he'd once gone to work for 6 weeks as part of his studies.




For our day out in Capri, I wore my linen dress again over my turquoise bikini with the white shirt, pink sandals, aztec bag, turquoise accessories and huge hat :)






That evening I had slightly pink shoulders from our day out (most likely due to being on the boat, so easily done!) but really wanted to wear my strapless top I'd bought in Saudi a few years before but had never worn as it never quite fitted right until now.





On our last day, we spent the morning relaxing by the pool and I wore my red bikini and green casual dress.


We got changed and went for a last walk around Sant'agnello and up to the tour of the Olive Grove in my short coral skirt, turquoise vest, Stella & Dot necklace and white shirt.



I wore my white dress again for our last night with a new cutout suede turquoise belt I bought in Sorrento which goes perfectly against the white.




So, which is your favourite holiday look?  Do you any of you plan your holiday wardrobes?  Are you better than me at the capsule thing?!

I'm linking this up with Melaina's What I wore Wednesday - I always think of it when I see Sarah's outfits linked up but always forget when I do an outfit post but she reminded me after seeing my new vest on Instagram so here's a massive one to start with and I'll link up my new vest once I've written about it!  :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all these looks on you. The only things I am good at being capsule about on holiday are accessories. The rest? Completely fail. Even if I plan to within an inch of everything, there is always one thing I don't wear once and one thing I chuck in at the last minute that I end up wearing most days!

Amanda M said...

Wow. About to bombard you with random comments:
1) LOVE that first cuff - where is it from?
2) Ditto the cobalt blue dress
3) Ditto the coral maxi....
4) Had not realised how lovely turquoise and coral look together - it's not a combo I would have thought of but it looks wonderful
5) Love your Saudi top - you look great in it
6) And the Sorrento cut out belt

I do a certain amount of planning - in terms of writing down outfits just so I don't end up on the last couple of days with the only clean stuff being things that totally don't go together

Not in your league though, you're a fashion plate! Are you going to do this for Malaysia too? Pleeeeease say yes!

Melaina25 said...

I suck at holiday packing! I love to have choices but we are always worrying about luggage allowances whether it's a cheap RyanAir flight or a long haul and we know we want space for goodies on the way home. I rarely end up styling things in advance because I pack like at 3 am the night before lol.

I LOVE that white coast dress---it's gorgeous! Looks like it was an amazing trip! So glad you linked up :)

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100