Tuesday 20 August 2013

Jet Skiing Fun!

by Bex

On our second day in Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort, our last day in Borneo, Dad hired a jet ski for an hour so we could all have a go out on the waves.  It was SO MUCH FUN!

Uncle G, me and Alex (cousin)

Uncle G is a character!  :)

Patiently waiting their turn!

Dad & Georgia

Alex's turn



My gorgeous husband :)


We had a go next.  I've been jet-skiing a couple of times before but this was Nik's first time.  He loved it too!







Mum was in charge of my camera while I was getting wet and everyone else was messing about on the beach :)  She did a pretty good job as photographer!




Then it was Nik's turn to drive...



I then got off so he could have a spin on his own.



And proceeded to have some fun in the waves while wading back to shore.









For the last few minutes, Dad had a shot on his own.







After he fell off!
Alex was still digging himself into deep holes...




We decided to leave him there for a while ;)
It was a great idea of Dad's and I'm so glad we did it.  The rest of the day was spent lounging on the sunbeds by the beach, eating frozen grapes and reading/sunbathing/snoozing/(exercises!?)/admiring a snake (blog post on that this afternoon!) before lunch and then we had to make our way back to the airport to fly home to Port Dickson.

Uncle G doing some random leg lifts!?


One last cocktail before we left

Delish noodles!
Unfortunately while eating lunch everyone started commenting on how I was turning more and more pink as it became apparent that sunburn was beginning to develop once I was indoors.  I was quite upset as, despite deciding not to risk sunbathing as I hate getting sunburn and burn SO easily, I ended up burning quite badly across my shoulders and arms and half of my shins (basically anywhere not covered by my sarong which I'm glad I had tied round me while reading!) even though I sat in the shade for the rest of the day after jet-skiing.  I'm assuming the sun was reflecting underneath the umbrella even though we were far from the water.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100