Monday 7 October 2013

The Chocolate Factory - review

by Bex

Roz and I met up for lunch recently and popped into The Chocolate Factory afterwards for a wee drink while I waited for Nik to pick me up.  We're so glad we did as we loved it!  The exterior is pretty basic although it is in one of the beautiful red sandstone buildings at St George's Cross.  The interior however is bright, spacious and fun.  We loved the red, blue and green colours with modern furniture and comfy sofas.  We also agree with their claim to have the best hot chocolate!





We both opted for the Luxury hot chocolate which is made with double cream - super naughty but SO worth it!



It's like a thick chocolate soup!


We were also unintentionally dressed in almost identical matching blue maxi skirts!  (Both from Primark.)



Nik couldn't resist a mini cup of the gorgeous chocolate soup when he arrived!

We loved the place so much, I contacted the guys to see if we could use it as a venue for baking club and to enquire about their chocolate making classes (they run these downstairs) for #ODP2.  It's run by two brothers who are very enthusiastic about chocolate and absolutely lovely.  The staff are friendly and efficient and the drinks are fab!  I can't wait to go back!


No.1 Chocolate Factory on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That hot chocolate looks incredible. I have still not had my first hot chocolate of the season. I think it has to be pretty special...

AnneeApple said...

Oh my! That hot chocolate just looks like molten heaven.. I need to go here! The chocolate making classes sound amazing, I'm going to look them up x

Ps... you both look incredible! Love the yellow bag.. I want a yellow bag!

Amanda M said...

Oh my, that hot chocolate looks amazing (but I still love a marshmallow in mine!). Wish I lived close enough to visit - and to do a chocolate eating, I mean MAKING, class

Bex said...

Amanda and Annee - come to ODP2!? :)

Unknown said...

I'm not sure about that hot chocolate, was it not too much? You pair are so cute in your matching skirts lol
Lauren
livinginaboxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100