Tuesday 12 November 2013

Chobani Black Cherry Brownies - recipe

by Bex

The next recipe I made using my Chobani yoghurt was the one I was most excited about trying.  I do love the combination of chocolate and cherry (see my yummy cherry & chocolate cupcake recipe) and since I received another cherry yoghurt in my parcel, I had enough to make the black cherry brownies.  I still hadn't thought of a war time bake for our baking club Remembrance  vintage event on Monday night I decided I would just make these and take them along as I was running out of time on Sunday!

Ingredients:
225g cherry Chobani yoghurt
2 large eggs
225g sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
115g unsalted butter
285g chocolate chips (I used half dark, half milk)
170g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt


Method:
Preheat the oven to 175oC and grease a 20cm baking tin.  Gently melt the butter with the chocolate and set aside to cool.

Whisk together the yoghurt, eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Whisk the chocolate mixture in the Chobani mixture and then stir in flour and salt.



Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.



I'm glad I made them as they went down a treat, even if they didn't fit the theme.  Absolutely delicious, perfectly stodgy but not too heavy.  This baking club meeting was also the first one Nik came along to.  He decided the day before to make a treacle tart and come along for an hour before he had to leave for his night shift!  I was so impressed with his effort which he even made a pastry poppy for...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100