Thursday 5 December 2013

Brel's Christmas Menu

by Bex

Since I really don't like writing negative reviews, I thought I'd share a happier, good one this afternoon!

We recently enjoyed a lovely festive evening at Brel to sample their new Christmas menu.  We had a thoroughly good time and I highly recommend their hot mulled cider!  Sooo good!



We each had a wee taste of some of the starters on offer - the cured salmon with soda bread and the wild mushroom tart.  (My photo of the salmon sadly didn't work as the file was corrupt, but it was my favourite.)


We each then got to choose a main course to sample, I went with the slow cooked brisket of beef with truffle mash - SO tasty, it was beautifully cooked and full of flavour, I would definitely order this again!


I also had a wee taste of Roz's turkey which was completely different to usual turkey dinners on Christmas menus - very nicely cooked with generous portions of tender juicy turkey and all the usual trimmings, of which the roast potatoes were my favourite but the sprouts were lovely too and not at all mushy like some places serve them!


To finish off we could choose between the pavlova or chocolate tart - a difficult one until I saw the HUGE portion of pavlova, I thought I might not manage it all but it looked so lovely and turned out to be rather light and was wolfed down quickly!  ;)


I would definitely recommend Brel for a Christmas night out or just a nice meal.  The surroundings are lovely, we were seated in the cosy conservatory overlooking the pretty trees in the garden which are lit up beautifully and are timed to 'dance' with the music as we discovered on the launch night.

Brel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100