Sunday 25 January 2015

Forever House - A's nursery

by Roz

So it's been forever since my last blog post, life has been hectic! I'm not going to list the reasons here but I've missed writing posts and wow am I in awe of Bex finding the time to blog with two babies!

I'm excited to finally post about a finished room in the house and it's my baby boy's room. I just love how his room has turned out. I previously wrote about my thoughts for his room here where I shared the wallpaper I was going to use and a few things I had my eye on. Of course I initially shared the nursery in the second floor house tour here (bedroom three) which shows the room as an empty shell.

It's funny but having spent so many days working in the room, sanding and filling the woodwork, the walls, mist coating and painting - including the cornice 4m up whilst pregnant with A! - the room was always empty and I guess felt quite small. With everything in it, I'm amazed at how big the room is!




 This picture is a little blurry but I wanted to include the big light




 Aaron wanted in on the photo shoot!

Love the reflection of the light in the window!

 I am so in love with the rainbow rug :)

I am so happy with the grey colour on the walls, it's a lovely deep shade that works so well with all the white wood work in the room and doesn't feel dark at all. We actually bought the paint for our hallway but B is having second thoughts about grey paint (much to my disappointment) and keeps wanting magnolia or cream shades. Someone tell me how to convince him other wise?? All the bedrooms have the same grey carpet that is in the nursery, it's a beautiful deep pile carpet that is so cosy underfoot but has the added bonus of being scrubbable and bleachable for any little accidents! I hoped it wouldn't be too much grey but I love it and of course the rainbow rug adds a massive splash of colour.


The room has a built in cupboard / shelving unit which is so handy. I've added a hanging rail in the bottom for clothes and changed the handles for stars :) It's just a lovely place to display some of the lovely gifts we were given when A was born.

Nearly everything in the picture above are presents from wonderful family and friends

Another item that I am so happy with is our Ikea spolling change table. Unfortunately Ikea don't make them anymore, it took me about three months of Gumtree and eBay searching to find one local, and then when I spoke to the seller it turned out she had two for sale so we bought them both for a total of £30. Until A was about 7 months old we changed him on top of the oak dresser in his room but now he is way to wriggly for that! The change table is made of fabric and the curve hugs him in place, it's genius. I first used it in a restaurant in Glasgow and am so happy we have them. A loves it too!

Lots of pockets to store nappies, wipes, creams etc!

A loves it, even if he is longer than it already!!

Similar to Bex, I ended up with a bit too much stuff for A's room, so the playroom is going to have rainbow bunting, prints and animal heads that were originally bought for the nursery. The playroom is still very much a dumping ground at the moment though so won't be on the blog for a while!

Similar to Bex's post I've included a few links to where some of the bits came from as so many people have asked from my instagram photos, especially the rainbow rug!

Rug - ebay rugssupermarket
Armchair with matching footstool (not shown) - eBay the sit and sleep shop
Cloud cushion - This Modern Life
Light - Maskros Ikea (the 80cmwide one!)
Coloured wooden letters - This Modern Life
George the Elephant Head - Emiline House
Animal Alphabet - Ketchup on Everything
Cable & Cotton lights - Achica
The cot is a Mama's & Papas Chamberlain cot bed in oak that I bought from another online seller for way less than M&P and the M&S oak dresser was bought second hand from the lovely Sarah

Roz xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so cheery but could grow with him as it has a great background x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100