Monday 23 May 2016

90 day sss plan - end of cycle one, weight loss by Bex

So I've come to the end of my first 4 weeks on the body coach's 90 day SSS plan.  I've had some pretty good results although not as dramatic as some of the 4 week results I've seen on Joe's social media pages.  Although I was realistic about the fact they are a select few of hundreds signing up, given that I've made some pretty dramatic changes to my lifestyle, I hoped to be one of those amazing transformations with a bit more of a change.  However, I am making great progress and the biggest change is definitely in how I feel.  I absolutely have more energy and more motivation every day and I haven't missed a single workout.

It's recommended that we do 4-5 HIIT workouts per week and I aimed for 5 in case I missed one for some reason.  I've managed all 5 every week despite a few challenging days with the twins/work.  Nik has been an amazing support enabling me to manage both the endless weighing and cooking food as well as my workouts when I didn't do them at 6am.  I've also stuck to the food pretty much 100% other than our night at the ball and FIL's birthday.  I have struggled with the water intake since the first week.  I usually manage around 2 litres (which is probably double what I previously drank) but rarely make the 3.25L.

So, anyway, the results so far...


I've only lost 6.2lbs (just under 3kg) but that's almost half a stone and definitely heading in the right direction!  I still have another couple of stone (about 12kg) to lose to reach my target healthy weight (12 stone).  And I've lost 8 inches overall.  The majority from my hips (2.5") but apparently my right thigh hasn't changed at all!

I have to admit, I wrote all of the above on Sunday morning but had to wait until the evening for Nik to take some photos for me.  (He had to go in to work to take a patient to theatre, and then another so didn't get home until 7am - no 7 day NHS my foot!  He was also supposed to be in today to deal with another 3 emergency operations but luckily, for both him and the patients, he'd swapped last Sunday so was able to go to bed after being up for 26 hours!)  Anyway, despite my initial minor disappointment, I am now thrilled at the changes I can see.  Not bad for 4 weeks but I definitely still have a long way to go to get remotely near the size I used to be.  I miss my old clothes!!

I'm not quite ready to share the full before & after photos on here yet but for now, here's the back view.  Surprisingly I found these the most inspirational anyway although I was relieved to see my belly finally reducing in the side view!  Taken just 4 weeks apart...


You can see I've lost the folds of fat at the sides, my waist is returning and my saddlebags are shrinking!  I lost most of the inches from my hips and although my old bikini is still clearly far too small, it's starting to look a little better!  Not only that but I am happier, fitter and less tired AND my skin is better too.

I think it also helps to remind myself of just how far I've come since the twin pregnancy!  I did get a pretty massive bump despite being slimmer elsewhere and I did put on a lot more weight afterwards but I'm finally heading in the right direction.

34 weeks (3 weeks to go!)

37 weeks!

The first days after the birth with my horrendous PEP rash!

It's funny how many people tell me I look fine whenever I mention needing to lose weight or that I've started a plan (I refuse to call it a diet).  Either they're just being polite (which seems pointless, just be supportive rather than lie) or I am good at hiding it with what I chose to wear.  I know being tall helps and I do try to wear flattering things but people often look surprised when I admit I'm a size 18 at the moment.  (I was in size 20 trousers last year.)  It's good that I don't look overweight as I'm going about life but as you can see when I'm stripped down, my body isn't healthy and I need to lose the fat and tone up.  Plus, like I said, I want to get back into my old wardrobe!  I have some pretty fab clothes :)

I've just submitted my results and photos following Cycle 1 with my testimonial I've copied in below:

As a busy mother of 18 month old twins who works part time, I was extremely nervous to sign up for the plan as I knew it would take a lot of dedication and time but I am SO glad I did.  It has done exactly what I hoped so far and everyone has noticed the change in my energy levels, weight loss and overall fitness already.  

I first discovered Joe's Instagram when my twins were 8 months old and I had put on a lot of weight since giving birth.  I was eating a lot with little exercise and too much quick, rubbish food.  I was still breastfeeding and not at all ready to sign up to the plan but once the twins were walking and I finished breastfeeding, I bought Joe's book and tried out a few of the principles to see if I thought I might manage to stick to it, I knew I had to feel ready to commit to the plan fully.  I have never dieted, I LOVE food and wouldn't manage to stick to a low calorie diet so I loved the idea of big meals (I have a big appetite!) and a structured plan.  I was also drawn to the short HIIT sessions as I hoped I'd be able to fit them in at home.  Luckily my twins sleep well so I have managed to get up early to fit in my HIIT, shakes and breakfast before they wake.  Despite the early starts, I've felt less tired and a lot more organised.  I'm proud to say I've completed all 5 workouts every week and stuck to the food almost 100% (we had a night out and a birthday celebration so I've had a couple of off plan meals, one glass of fizz, one slice of cake and a cream tea today too!)  I found I really got into the swing of the food prep and choosing recipes after a couple of weeks and I genuinely love a lot of the meals.  

As for my results, I admit I was a little disappointed at first by the numbers (just 6 lbs lost and 8" overall) compared to some other transformations but after seeing the difference in my photos (which I purposefully tried to keep real and not suck my belly in for!) I am delighted with the results so far!  I'm so glad we're asked to take photos as that has really spurred me on to the next cycle despite being worried about using weights, something I've never done before!  Don't let the numbers ruin your motivation, it really helps to see the difference in the pictures!   And actually, for just 4 weeks, I'm very chuffed with the changes so far!  I am already a new person, thank you Joe!

I'm extremely nervous about Cycle 2 with the longer training and added weights, different recipes (in fact I think there might not be recipes, just lists of foods to pick from and combine) and a whole new routine to get used to again.  Fingers crossed I manage to keep it up!

3 comments:

Lynky said...

Wow well done Bex. Amazing results that really do show. Don't worry about the weight so much, slow but sure will be more likely to remain off, it may only be 6.2lbs this time but it's 6.2lbs you're never going to see again! Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the results for myself in a months time. Lots of love xxx

Lynky said...

Wow well done Bex. Amazing results that really do show. Don't worry about the weight so much, slow but sure will be more likely to remain off, it may only be 6.2lbs this time but it's 6.2lbs you're never going to see again! Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing the results for myself in a months time. Lots of love xxx

Gwen said...

I am so impressed by your will power! Photos are a great idea, you can really see the change.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100