Monday 19 October 2015

The twins' first birthday party invitation - by Bex

I had a photo in mind for the twins' invitations for
a long time and would have loved to pay someone to take a properly good picture in a studio (as outside isn't really an option any more with the cold, wet weather) but given that I'm already a month late going back to work (I was supposed to be starting my new job today but it's been delayed AGAIN!  Paperwork issues down here are bonkers!) and my maternity pay ran out in March, we've now run out of savings!  Therefore I had to make do with my own skills to try to get the image I had in mind.  It isn't perfect, I may *slightly* regret filling ALL of our walls with various things as I have no plain backdrops to use, but I'm still pleased with it.


This is obviously a blog version without our personal details on but I love the font - Quicksilver.  It was tricky getting both babies happy and comfortable in the basket (kindly on loan from Jude) at the same time and looking at the camera, smiling, etc., etc..  I ended up with a couple of contenders though.  We experimented with placement of the basket, length of balloon ties and having the rug in or not.  I love the colours of the rug but felt in the end it kind of took away from the colours of the balloons.


As you have probably guessed, we're sticking with what has become the colour scheme for the whole of the twins' first year and having rainbow colours again!  (As we did for the nursery decor, playroom decor and naming ceremony decor.)  I'll hopefully have time to write a post about a few birthday party ideas I have.  There will also be a bit of a balloon theme as Kalyan absolutely LOVES balloons!

Anyway, here are the other photos I took of the 'hot air balloon'.




2 comments:

Lynky said...

Love it, love it, love it. xxx

Tuff said...

So cute! You really did a great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100