Friday 26 February 2016

Baby led weaning flapjacks - date & banana - a recipe by Bex

I obviously meant to publish this way back in July, when the twins were 8 months old, but I just found it when I thought I'd make these flapjacks again.  Shows you how often I actually bake these days, even something this easy!

While staying with my parents here in Saudi, I'm finding a bit more time to experiment (and blog at last!) with some baby food recipes.  I thought I'd try baking some healthy flapjacks for the twins and dates and banana seemed a good option.  Turns out there are quite a few similar recipes already but I just made this one up as baking flapjacks doesn't need to be accurate like when baking cakes.  It seems to have worked well so I thought I'd share my version here.  It's pretty simple with just 4 ingredients and the babies love them!  (So do I!)

1 banana, mashed (115g)
55g chopped dates
150g oats
50g coconut oil or butter (melted)

A rule in our house when it comes to oven cooking anything is "if in doubt, 180oC" so I preheated the oven to 180oC.

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, compress into the bottom of a shallow baking tin.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100