Wednesday 13 February 2019

Sunday Roast at The Guildford Arms, Greenwich - review

There are roasts and then there are ROASTS!  This was the best Sunday roast I've had in a long time.  Seriously amazing.

The twins and I joined my in-laws for lunch one weekend Nik was on a course in London, at the Guildford Arms in Greenwich.  It's a modern pub with big bright windows and rustic furniture and a lovely daily menu.




K was a bit worse for wear, his virus was just taking hold as we arrived but Dadaji managed to get some Calpol which luckily kicked in just before dessert! 


Anyway, as for the roast I mentioned - I was a bit nervous ordering the pork belly after the previous week's dish had to be sent back in Brighton.  I'm so glad I tried it again though.  THIS is how you do a pork belly roast.  OMG!  A proper chunk of moist, tasty pork belly with minimal layers of fat and a proper crispy layer of salty crackling!


Even the kids' beef looked amazing and since K was poorly I got to confirm it was indeed as I finished his mostly uneaten portion!  The horseradish Ma had with hers was nice and creamy but with very little kick.  The kids enjoyed my apple sauce though!


All of the meals were served with lovely roast potatoes, delicious Savoy cabbage, mini chantarelle carrots and a lovely gravy and of course a nice big Yorkshire pud which was perfectly crispy yet soft.  All a big hit!


Of course, since K was suddenly feeling better, we indulged in pudding - ice-cream always makes you feel better when poorly right!?  They make their own sorbets and ice-creams in house and the kids both chose vanilla ice-cream.  I opted for the blood orange posset with lemon shortbread and Nik's parents shared the chocolate delice with yoghurt ice-cream and honeycomb.  I tasted a little of everything and they were all amazing!



Staff were lovely and efficient, the pub was comfy and lively without being too noisy, we had a great afternoon.  So if you're in London and fancy a good roast dinner, head to the Guildford Arms in Greenwich!  We highly recommend it!  :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100