Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday Weigh In 18


It's now been 18 weeks since starting my new healthy lifestyle I decided that each Sunday I will post up my progress, whether successful or not in the hope that it encourages me to stay positive and keep going.  Knowing that I will be sharing it all here will hopefully keep my willpower up!  In order for me to keep track and look back for ideas, I will be listing my food diary here as well (and who knows, it might inspire others to have a go too!)  It also gives me somewhere to put all the photos of the yummy food I love to take as it always looks so good!

This week has been so difficult to stay motivated with the exercise since it's been raining pretty much every day!  I've been taking the car to work again as I just can't face getting all soggy walking in it!  Also Pilates is on a 2 week break and I really haven't gotten back into my exercise routine at all with swimming and body pump.  I did manage to make myself go for a swim on Friday lunchtime though (thanks Amy for the push!)


Sunday:

Breakfast - 2 veggie sausages, ketchup, seeded roll, sparkling water
Lunch - salmon and prawn cous cous salad, cup of tea, sparkling water
Dinner - 'City Kitchen' Prawn linguine, cranachan
Snacks - maoam sweets, raspberries

Exercise - screen printing tiredness?




Monday: 

Breakfast - paella!, apple & raspberry juice
Lunch - cheese salad roll with coleslaw, Brannigan's crisps
Dinner - mozzarella (we suddenly realised we had to finish what we brought back!) and tomato salad, lemon oil, balsamic, pepper, basil, chicken kiev, oven chips, apple juice
Snacks - cherry yoghurt

Exercise - none





Tuesday:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg
Lunch - baked potato with tuna & sweetcorn mayo and salad
Dinner - Two Fat Ladies - risotto, bread, sea bream, veg, prosecco x2, sparkling water, dessert cocktail
Snacks - harissa style chicken & bean salad, cherry yoghurt

Exercise - none






Wednesday: 

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, 2 bacon medallions, cup of tea
Lunch fuller for longer puttanesca chicken pasta, milk
Dinner - salad, wasabi peas, yoghurt, small glass red wine (dinner in the bath :) )
Snacks - chilli wotsits, salt & vinegar squares, milk

Exercise - none





Thursday:

Breakfast - tuna pasta, milk
Lunch - tuna pasta with sweetcorn
Dinner - chicken liver parfait, oatcakes, salad, ox cheek, horseradish mash, jus, water, glass red wine
Snacks - quavers, cherry & ginger royale

Exercise - walking round town






Friday:

Breakfast - tuna pasta with sweetcorn, 1/2 sachet latte
Lunch - Baked potato with chicken & sweetcorn mayo, salad, sparkling water
Dinner - chilli snack a jacks, fruit box (melon & grape)
Snacks - cherry yoghurt

Exercise - 30 mins swimming




Saturday: 

Breakfast - bacon medallion, veggie sausage, 1/2 pot baked beans, grilled mushrooms, 2 scrambled eggs, slice of grainy wholemeal bread, apple juice, 1/2 cup of tea
Lunch - tuna sandwich, wotsits, milk
Dinner - Girls' Night - pizza, dip, garlic bread, potato wedges, champagne, wine, chocolate pot, small slice of apple tart
Snacks - orange juice

Exercise - none





 

And the results this week:

Weight last week - 12 st 4 1/2 lbs
Weight this week - 12 st 5 lbs
Loss/Gain this week = +1/2 lb

Total Loss - 13 lbs

I definitely need to step up my exercise game if I want to continue with a bit more weight loss.  The most difficult reason I haven't been able to motivate myself (other than the weather!) is that I am now very happy with how I look meaning I've levelled out a bit around this weight.  I would still like to tone up a bit more (I really haven't done much exercise since May really) and will be continuing with this diet (since it's not really a diet) anyway as I love it and it's so much healthier than before.  Having said that, this week has been full of a lot more wintry style comfort foods and been a bit pasta heavy, plus there were two nights out when I just ordered what I wanted (including creamy desserts), not to mention a girls night in with naughty treats!  So I'm not bothered about 1/2 lb gain at all.  I plan on heading back to body pump tonight though to continue my good work in being overall healthy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are doing really well, and I am totally with you on having food that is more like comfort food, though London is so muggy that I think I barely want to eat at the moment.

Exercise seems to be key - particularly to toning up. I hope you find your motivation soon.

Ashleigh said...

I've been the same, lost about 3/4 stone felt a lot better about myself so decided to not pay attention whilst I was on holiday and put on 4lb and now can't get back on the wagon....boo! Hope you find your motivation and maybe mine will be with it!! xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100