Sunday 3 June 2012

Sunday Weigh In 13


It's now been 13 weeks since starting my new healthy lifestyle I decided that each Sunday I will post up my progress, whether successful or not in the hope that it encourages me to stay positive and keep going.  Knowing that I will be sharing it all here will hopefully keep my willpower up!  In order for me to keep track and look back for ideas, I will be listing my food diary here as well (and who knows, it might inspire others to have a go too!)  It also gives me somewhere to put all the photos of the yummy food I love to take as it always looks so good!

This week I've been a bit more naughty than usual, mostly as a result of not being organised enough and then getting really hungry and having naughty things like a panini and pizza for lunch (I did enjoy them though!)  I've done more exercise again this week though so hopefully the results won't be too bad, I'm keeping my holiday in mind to keep spurring me on!  There has been a lot of eating out again this weekend too as my in-laws came to stay from England and we had a lovely time taking them to some of our favourite places.  We're often too busy to really show them around the area as they're usually here for a reason (weddings/parties/Christmas) so it was nice to take them up to Loch Lomond as they'd never been before and to some more of the local restaurants we like.


Monday: 

Breakfast - left over chilli beef with rice, cup of tea
Lunch - ham salad wrap, vanilla yoghurt, coconut water with pineapple, Rubicon Lychee Ice Lolly, soda water
Dinner - Yo! Sushi (1/2 Salmon sashimi, 1/2 asst fish maki, 2/3 cucumber maki, prawn nigiri, salmon & avocado hand roll, 1/2 chicken katsu, 1/2 spicy pepper squid), fizzy water
Snacks - quavers, soda water, red pepper & tomato soup, 1/3 skinny blueberry muffin, 1 tall skinny 1 shot latte

Exercise - 1 hour walking


Tuesday:

Breakfast - boiled egg, soda water
Lunch - chicken tikka, onion & cheese panini (very naughty!), soda water
Dinner - chilli beef with wholemeal pitta, skimmed milk
Snacks - soda water, smoked tuna, 'french fries' crisps, yoghurt, blueberry wheats cereal with semi-skimmed milk

Exercise - 1 hour walking, 1 hour pilates class, 20 mins walking



Wednesday: 

Breakfast - boiled egg, apple, 2 slices wholemeal toast with low fat butter & bovril, soda water, cup of tea
Lunch - chilli beef with baked potato & low fat butter, skimmed milk
Dinner - tuna salad (cucumber, lettuce, black olives, red pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper), red pepper & tomato soup, 
Snacks - peach yoghurt, quavers, 1 slice seeded wholemeal bread with low fat butter, soda water

Exercise - 1 hour walking, 30 mins swimming (30 lengths), 1 hour pilates class, 30 mins walking







Thursday:

Breakfast - Mushrooms on 1 slice wholemeal toast, skimmed milk
Lunch - Ristorante Fungi Pizza, semi-skimmed milk
Dinner - 1 1/2 griddled/steamed chicken breasts in tortilla wrap, soda water, wispa gold
Snacks - none

Exercise - none




Friday:

Breakfast - boiled egg, 1/2 slice plain wholemeal toast, 1 slice wholemeal bread & low fat butter, large melon & grape fruit box
Lunch - (Had lots to organise at lunchtime in a big rush so had to nip to Greggs for something quick and they'd run out of brown bread) Greggs Tandoori chicken baguette
Dinner - (In Eat Cafe) - olives, 1/2 sizzling garlic prawns, 1/2 mozzarella, sunblush tomato, pesto & rocket bruschetta, linguine with lamb meatballs & mint salsa verde, 2 glasses Chablis, 1 glass Malbec, water
Snacks - quavers, boiled egg, 2 glasses Champagne, coconut water with pineapple

Exercise - 45 mins walking to work (running late so Nik gave me a lift back after lunch), 1 hour walking to restaurant and back



HUGE portion, I didn't eat much of the pasta and left one meatball




Saturday: 

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, raspberry yoghurt
Lunch - (Picnic) - 1 slice seeded bread & low fat butter, 4 sushi rolls with wasabi & soy sauce, salad (cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, balsamic, olive oil, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds), chicken pieces, piece of Gouda, 1 carrot stick with hummous, handful of crisps, soda water
Dinner - red pepper & tomato soup, Thai red chicken curry, brown rice, blueberry fool (healthy recipe to follow - 133 cals), 1 small glass Malbec, soda water
Snacks/supper - small latte, 1/4 cherry & almond tart, 1/3 salted caramel tart, strawberries, 1/2 bread-stick with slice of Gouda

Exercise - walking by loch lomond





 






Sunday:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs and 1 slice wholemeal toast, almond milk, cherries
Lunch - rocket, tomato and parmesan salad, rare peppered beef, slice of garlic bread, 3 chips, soda water
Dinner - Roast dinner at Grill on the Corner - Olives, roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, cabbage, swede & carrot, gravy, horseradish sauce, red velvet cupcake with kumquat clotted cream
Snacks - 1/2 apple pie cupcake, 1/2 gingerbread cupcake, 1/2 cup of tea

Exercise - walking round town & west end, 45 min body pump class, 30 mins swimming (40 lengths)









And the results this week:

Weight last week - 12 st 4 lbs
Weight this week - 12st 6.5 lbs
Loss/Gain this week - + 2.5 lbs

Total Loss = -11.5 lbs

I suspected I would have put on weight this week - far too much white bread and naughty treats like alcohol,  white bread, cheese and cakes/tarts.  I do believe in everything in moderation but went a bit too far in the wrong direction this week!  It shows how much of a difference it makes to be organised as well, I need to get back into my breakfast routine again and do more swimming to keep up the weight loss.  I've had some super healthy days and some very bad days which isn't the best way to do things, I need to balance it all out a bit better, like I was doing before!  (Obviously I will be forgetting about all of this when in Italy - far too much in love with food to waste that opportunity worrying about calories!  So I have to try to be extra good this week before I leave!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have done so well and made it so much more sustainable so hopefully it will go back to that this week and then you have a holiday. Hurrah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100