Sunday 4 March 2018

This Detailed Life - Instagram Hub

Nine months ago, before I upgraded my bexphoto website and moved [most of] my old photography blog over there, I wrote about Instagram hubs which I'd just discovered.  If you're not sure what I mean by a hub (I've had to explain it to Nik), it's an account which features work of other photographers.  If you use a specific hashtag, the hub can pick and choose from all the tagged images to feature on their profile, always tagging the original photographer so it's a good way to gain more exposure, particularly with the bigger hubs.

I was thrilled to have been featured by a few of them and I listed some of my favourite hubs to follow, the more general ones like Dear Photographer and Clickin Moms (both of which have huge followings and over a million tags) and those with a more specific theme like The Monochromatic Lens or Honestly Parents.

Not only can it gain you more exposure but you can find so much inspiration following these accounts.  As the images they share are hand picked from many different photographers, you see a wide variety of excellent work.  It's also great if you're looking for specific inspiration, you will probably find a hub which focuses on whatever it is.  I love some of the new faceless and freelensing hubs I've discovered recently like Faceless Friday, Project FacelessThe Freelensed and The Freelensed Project.

One of the best things about these hubs is the community they help to build.  Sharing each others' work, congratulating others on their features, commenting and finding work you love, new photographers to follow.

I always wanted to be a mod (one of the people who help run these accounts, choosing from the tags which photos to share) but the opportunity never arose but then I thought, why not create my own.  I am loving detail shots lately so it seemed a no brainer to choose details for my hub and This Detailed Life was born.  I've written more about my own hub on bexphoto and you can follow it here if you love images of beautiful details.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100