Wednesday 16 May 2018

Bank holiday fun with dandelions and the paddling pool

The early May bank holiday was just what I needed.  The weather was perfect.  My Mum was here with us (and is all month while Nik is studying) and the twins were on great form.  I've started writing a bit more about my PND diagnosis and also took the scary step of writing about it in my local magazine column in Uckfield Matters, as well as talking about it on air during my monthly Uckfield FM chat slot.  The feedback I've received has been wonderful and supportive so I'm very glad to be able to bring more awareness about maternal mental health.  I'm doing much better now for various reasons and feeling much more like myself again and these types of weekends are doing me the world of good.  Not so much the rainy ones with moody twins but I'm even finding them easier to cope with.

So as for our fun bank holiday weekend, here are my favourite photos showing what we got up to!

Fun with dandelion clocks.  Kalyan has been desperately waiting for the fluffy ones to appear and was delighted when we took him to a patch of hundreds (and I was delighted with the evening light)!  You can see more from this session on my bexphoto blog as well as a pull-back shot of the surprising location.








We bought a new paddling pool and had lots of fun in the recently de-jungled garden - thanks for all the gardening Mum!




And had fun dancing in pants in front of my mirror!  We've all become quite obsessed with The Greatest Showman and I know all the words since I bought the album!



I painted my toenails in a rainbow spectrum (obviously added extra greens to make it up to ten) although I do need a brighter purple next time as mine was too lilac.


Oh and we made some pom-poms which Priya helped with my unravelling the wool for me as I wound it on.  Watch this space for my ideas of what to do with my new pom pom collection, it's time I did some crafting again!


I also got some jobs done which had been on my list for the house for ages like some sorting, tidying and spray painting!  I'll be sharing more about the house soon as I add some final finishing touches to the new guest room before I take photos for another before & after post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100