Monday 6 January 2014

January Joy - Make a Calendar

by Bex

Since writing my post this morning, I came up with another idea which fits with today's prompt from Florence Finds' January Joy.  We featured a Pin It Do It last year from Becca who was doing the happy jar challenge, writing down one good thing a day to open and read on New Year's Eve.  I planned to do the same but never stuck to it, we ended up with only 4!

This year, I have a new plan.  I bought a couple of gorgeous notebooks in my perfect colour in the M&S sale recently and had no particular plan for them, I just liked them and they were half price and notebooks always come in handy at some point!


When I bought them the only idea I had was to decorate them with some stickers I bought in September thinking I would buy a small diary (even though I don't really use them as I have my Google calendar) and cover it with butterflies (they didn't have dragonflies) in my favourite colours.  Apparently butterflies symbolise change and the soul and with my new ethos of being positive and hoping for a big change this year, they seem pretty apt.

(In fact, when googling to check I was right about butterflies, I came across this article and although it might sound cheesy and a bit alternative, I really like it...

"Butterfly is the symbol of change, the soul, creativity, freedom, joy and colour. Their power is transformation, shape shifting and soul evolution. They represent the element of air, quickly changing and always on the move gracefully. Butterflies are messengers of the moment and come in a wide array of colours. Studying these colours can help you uncover butterflies message to you. It reminds us not to take things too seriously and to get up and move. They teach us that growth and transformation does not have to be a traumatic experience. It can be joyous. Butterflies possess the ability to grow and change, leaving the safety of their cocoon to discover a new world in a new form without fear, trusting their untested wings to fly without a doubt in their minds. They work through many important stages to become the beautiful creature they are. 
Similar to the butterfly, we too are always moving through different stages, each equally as vital. It is no good rushing to a particular stage, nor is it good getting stuck at a stage and becoming stagnant. Butterfly is a potent symbol for those considering, or in the throes of, a big change. Butterfly is also one of the most inspiring symbols of the animal world, knowing precisely the time to leave the comfort and limitation of its cocoon, flying freely into the world. Quite frequently, we are not so certain. The cocoon of our thoughts and fears may be limiting, they are also safe and familiar. We can become afraid of what may be outside of our limiting thoughts and belief systems, trapping us and holding us back from ourselves, from our dreams and desires, from our unlimited potential.")


I thought these notebooks would be perfect and have now decided to use one of them to write at least one good thing that's happened each day.  Like a one line diary of happy things only.  Whenever I start to feel down about our situation, I can flick through and read back all the things that have made me happy in life, big and small, and hopefully it will help give me the strength to stay positive this year, whatever happens with the IVF.


The A5 size was reduced to £2.50 and the A6 to £1.50.  I wish I'd bought more now, they're already sold out online.  I'll have to see if there are any left when I'm next in town.  So, it's not strictly a calendar I've made but a happy diary to record all the little things that make me smile :)

1 comment:

Amanda M said...

Ooh hope it works for you! I started to do a 3 things a day but really struggled and gave up. I feel a bit ashamed now.

Ax

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100