Saturday 30 September 2017

New TV binges

Following on from my last post about my favourite TV shows, I've got some new obsessions to share.

I know I'm majorly late to the party when it comes to Game of Thrones but wow!  It was amazing to be able to watch all 6 series back to back right as series 7 started although now I kind of wish I'd waited until the next one comes out as I'm dying that I won't know what's going to happen for another 2 years!?!?  Gah!  It took me a while to really get into it and the first series is certainly very racy but I was soon captivated by the adventure and stunning cinematography.  I love the humour amongst the turmoil and of course, so many pretty faces and beautiful costumes.  And, well, the dragons!  It really is an amazing show and I'm glad I discovered it at last.



I needed something to fill the void of GoT so started Mad Men as I knew Nik had started watching it.  I've now overtaken him and finished them all!  I found it was another slow burner to begin with, I wasn't sure if I liked it although I did appreciate the fashion and style from the 50s and then especially as it progressed through the 60s.  It was a weird one in that I sort of liked the main characters even though I also hated them at times.  It certainly kept me gripped and it was a fun one to watch with the excesses of the ad men and I loved all the feminist aspects to the show, seeing how women were treated at that time but also how strong some of those women were (although still including their flaws).


One of the recommendations I got last time was Line of Duty, recommended by Becca.  It was fantastic, definitely kept you guessing and has some great characters.  I'm waiting for series 3 to appear on Netflix so no spoilers please!


Another one Becca recommended was Westworld which was fascinating.  I really enjoyed it although some parts did get a bit confusing.  It was an ideal mix of sci-fi, adventure and thought provoking about humanity, I'm intrigued to see where the next series takes it!


And my current obsession is Suits.  Lots of pretty faces, gorgeous outfits and clever legal stuff.  Like a modern day Ally McBeal without the silliness.  I'm on season 2 and loving it, I can't wait to see where things are going with certain people and am enjoying the back and forth with Lewis and Harvey as well as Harvey's bromance with Mike.  I'm also a big fan of Jessica with her awesome power dresses and boss lady charm.


Thanks for all the comments with recommendations on my previous post, please do let me know if you have any new ones to share again?  Have you seen any of the ones above?  Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100