Wednesday 29 November 2017

Christmas Films for kids & big kids ;)

I LOVE a Christmas movie.  I'm a big fan of Christmas and the time leading up to it and have done for years, even pre-twins.  Now that the kids are that bit older, I'm hoping there will be even more magic in it for them too and I'll be introducing them to some Christmas films this year now that they've finally succumbed to my brain-washing on Disney and other fab films.  Not really brain washing but they were never interested before and only wanted Bing (WHICH I HATE!) but I persevered and after an inital love of only "Froggy" (The Princess & the Frog), they now love Tangled,  "Monsters" (Inc.) - I adore it when Kalyan says Mike Wazowski - I NEED to get that on camera!

So here are some of my favourite Christmas themed films suitable for youngsters (not necessarily toddlers though).  Please tell me yours and which ones you would recommend for 3-year-olds!?


Home Alone of course, such a fun film with adventure, silliness, plenty of Christmas spirit and a bit of cheesy love stuff.



A proper classic, The Snowman is so magical, the twins were mesmerised last year.  The music, the magic, Santa.  What more could you want?


A new favourite, I wasn't sure about Will Ferrell for a while but I do love Elf.  His enthusiasm is just so like my own love for Christmas (and many other things), there are lots of super silly bits which I don't always like but I love the film overall.


I love Dr Seuss but only recently saw The Grinch (last year I think).  I love the weirdness and the message with The Grinch's back story and the girl who sees past his gruffness and horrid ways, I even like the schmaltzy ending.


I can never quite decide whether I prefer The Nightmare Before Christmas at Halloween or Christmas.  I'll watch it for both occasions, it's fab!  The style, the songs, the story.  Good old Tim Burton.


A proper classic tale but told with the fun of the Muppets!  Who doesn't love Kermit & Gonzo??  And Michael Caine as grumpy Scrooge - love it!

Which ones have I forgotten?!  Any other great Christmas films which should be on my list?

3 comments:

Katylkh said...

Nativity! I love it I sing those songs all December

Bex said...

Oh I haven't even seen that one, thanks Katy!

Katylkh said...

It's lovely and definitely kid appropriate. Also it's on Netflix ��

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100