Thursday 23 November 2017

Mums The Word #WildChild Halloween Party - event review

This has taken me longer to write than I hoped but it's the busiest time of year for me with the twins birthday right before the lead up to Christmas, plus my day job has been extra busy and a bit stressful lately plus I'm working on getting bexphoto up and running properly so I'm wearing pretty thin at the moment!  I've also got my first radio chat with Jacqui at Uckfield FM this morning at 11:30!  You can listen in live on the website if you're not local, just follow the Uckfield FM link and click on LISTEN LIVE at the top of the page.  (There's a webcam too so I better get myself organised so I don't look a mess!)

Anyway, as well as being my most busy time of year, October onwards is also one of my favourite times!  I love Autumn, the light and the colours but especially Halloween!  As well as the twins' birthday party being a little early this year with a Halloween theme, we also attended a massive Halloween toddler/baby rave party near Tunbridge Wells at Salomon's Estate.  Run by Mums The Word Events, #Wild_Child parties are events designed just for little ones and their parents.  I first came across them at Joy Festival back in May where they held one in the woods with bubbles, dancing, crafts galore and generally a lot of colour and fun.  I was there without the twins but thought they'd love it so I was thrilled to be invited along to photograph and enjoy their Halloween event with the whole family after meeting the lovely sisters behind Mums the Word at a Mamas Meetup in Brighton (another one I've yet to write about as well as their Mamas Supper Club quiz which was a great laugh).




Salomon's Estate is a countryside estate just outside Tunbridge Wells/Southborough and a beautiful venue.  Although it had been well decked out with awesome Halloween decorations, you could still appreciate the amazing building, especially the details in the main hall with beautiful balconies festooned with the Halloween fairy lights.  It was easy to get to (we've driven past it before when avoiding TW traffic en route to Blackheath) with plenty of parking.

As for the party itself, we had a blast!  There was so much going on from parachutes to disco lights to bubbles to crafts...  There was a pizza van outside selling the yummiest wood fired pizza, cupcakes and other treats inside and a quiet area to sit down and eat near the bar and photo booth.  They had storytelling and bouncy cows, face-painting and glitter tattoos and not forgetting their own resident DJ!  Oh and of course, fancy dress was encouraged for both kids and grown ups!

It was a bit tricky taking photos in the darkened rooms as I don't use flash and the light was very unpredictable with all the flashing disco lights but I managed to get a few decent ones.  I'll let you see for yourself just how much fun it was with a few of my photos below:













We received tickets to this event in return for this review.  As always, all opinions are honest and entirely my own (and that of the twins who had an awesome time)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100