Monday 13 May 2013

Facebook Food list challenge

I'm always going on about the Facebook food list challenge so I thought I'd share it here in case any of you haven't seen it.  It's a list of 100 things of which apparently the majority of people will only have tried 20. According to my list of friends, only 3 out of 40 score 20 or below, the average is 45 with 69 being the highest.  I'm ranked number 10 having tried 55 of the foods.


We think most people will have tried fewer than 20 of these 100 foods to eat before you die.


Admittedly there are some I had to google (Umeboshi) will probably never try (Chitlins?!) and some I will absolutely NEVER have again (oysters!) but there are a few on there I definitely will have a taste of (frogs legs) and some I'm looking forward to (S'mores).

I don't know who or why they came up with these 100 food items.  I think it's more of a list of random foods to try than 100 to try before you die.  I could think of MUCH nicer things and still include some unusual ones if I were to make my own list.  Maybe I should.  I do love lists!



It's especially fun to try the unusual foreign ones in their origin countries so this also helps make up part of my travel wish list so I can tick more things off!

Is anyone else doing this challenge on facebook?  How many have you tried?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ive just looked at the list and done 53! X

aDizzyGirl said...

You're doing a lot better than me - I'm on about 45. Although there are certain things on that list that I would NEVER put in my mouth and I didn't consider myself to be particularly squemish. Head cheese on toast anyone?

Highly recommend WEST Brewery if you want to knock another 3 off the list - Goulash, Spaetzle and Currywurst.

thankfifi said...

feeling rather dull now at only 41...

Thankfifi
thanks for your sweet comment.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100