Tuesday 13 November 2018

Bridge Cottage Emerging Artists Exhibition

I was delighted to be invited to take part in my first joint exhibition this month at Bridge Cottage.  Myself and five other artists, mostly photographers, each had a space to make our own with our work and I loved filling mine with a collection of some of my favourite landscape images as well as my family work to demonstrate what I do as Bexphoto.




It was a great experience and we received lots of advice and help in how to prepare and the best way to display work for a show.  I loved selecting my prints and framing them in my beautiful frames which I offer as add-ons to my packages and then choosing a few accessories to make my stand pop with colour as it should to represent my brand ;)



The venue is awesome, recently refurbished it is the oldest building in Uckfield I believe with the old beams and huge fireplace which was lit all weekend to keep us cosy, it was a great atmosphere.  It was so lovely making friends with the other artists. 




Everyone had something different on offer, Jane Gross with her stunning African safari wildlife, Charlotte Brown has such beautiful images of trees with some amazingly colourful abstracts, Jeremy Gearing has gorgeous local landscapes and Vivien has wonderful vistas from her travels.  Our sole non-photographer was the lovely Sue with her fantastic ink line drawings of architecture.

We had a lovely time admiring each others' work, getting to know one another and chatting to everyone who came to visit us.  I particularly loved connecting with a few mums who seemed to really get what I am trying to do with my images, they used words I hope to have associated with my work so it was a real thrill to hear strangers referring to my family images as joyful, embracing movement and colour and being so natural, telling a story and different to the traditional posed shots.


Thank you so much to all who came to support me, it was lovely seeing so many friendly faces!  Especially my two youngest critics who had varying opinions ;)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100