Thursday 19 December 2013

Glasgow Baking Club Christmas

by Bex

I always used to write about our baking club meetings but since I took over writing the blog posts on behalf of Ali, I have only linked to them when I share the recipes I've made here.  This time I decided to share the post here as well as on the baking club blog.  We never had a Christmas meeting last year so it was really nice to get together for a festive gathering this year.  As it's a bit more tricky to find a venue who will allow us free space at this time of year, I decided to host this meeting at my home.  I love hosting and it's always nice to have people round when the place is all decorated.

I was a little unorganised after a super busy week but managed to get the cider mulling before everyone arrived and frantically started baking when Tracy and Gillian arrived.  Luckily my recipe was fairly simple and didn't take long to get in the oven!


We had quite a few last minute cancellations but it ended up being a lovely cosy affair with just 7 of us sat round the kitchen table drinking, eating and chatting all together.  I had a great afternoon, followed by a quick Pinterest tutorial before everyone left as well!  :)

Everyone's bakes were fantastic, I can't actually choose a favourite although it's always nice to have a savoury amongst all the sweet cakes and the brownies worked really well with the orange syrup and thick cream Fiona brought with them!

BexMarzipan Berry Cupcakes
GillianSpiced Cinnamon Cake
TracyChristmas Cookies
ShunaMulled Wine Cupcakes
FionaDark Chocolate & Orange Brownies
Cat Sage & Onion Sausage Rolls
Kirsty Gingerbread Cupcakes with Brown Butter Icing


Spiced cinnamon cake - Gillian

Mulled Wine Cupcakes - Shuna

Gingerbread cupcakes with brown butter icing - Kirsty

Christmas Cookies - Tracy

Sage & Onion Sausage Rolls - Cat 
 
Orange & Dark Chocolate Brownies - Fiona

Hot Mulled Cider

Luckily my cakes were out of the oven fairly quickly and we enjoyed them hot!

Marzipan Berry Cupcakes - Bex

Kirsty gave me a beautiful bottle of vanilla extract which I only noticed later that she made herself!


And Tracy brought along gifts for Kirsteen (who sadly couldn't make it) and I to thank us for organising the meetings!  So lovely - one was wrapped and I was instructed to put it under the tree but the bag also contained this bundt tin!  And I've already found a recipe to christen it with!  :)


We also had an optional dress code for this meeting so we had to pose for a group photo by the tree in our Christmas jumpers!  :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100