Sunday 2 July 2017

Necklace Storage Cabinet of Dreams!

I am utterly in love with my new jewellery cabinet.  I waited 2 years for it.  After we moved here from Glasgow, I left the majority of my necklace collection packed between sheets of bubble wrap in a small suitcase until I found somewhere to hang them.

As I have so many, I prefer to hang them so they don't get tangled and I can see them all more easily.  I used to store them hanging on the back of a built in cupboard door in our bedroom.  That wasn't an option here so I had to come up with something else.  I have always wanted a specially designed cabinet to store them but I wasn't sure where I could fit one in.




Nik built it to my design, out of MDF and pine, then I painted it to match our bedroom walls so it blended in more and wasn't too imposing on the side of my wardrobe.



I toyed with the idea of painting the inside a bright colour like fluorescent pink or something but I decided with all the different colours of my necklaces that white would show them off best.


I managed to find some little hooks with small enough screws to fit the thin door (we weren't sure the weight of a thicker door would be wise) for my small chains and lighter necklaces and some larger hooks for the main cabinet to hold my big statement pieces.  It would look amazing if I didn't have to layer them up but I do love my massive collection.  I was also able to fit my bracelets along the bottom of the door too.


Of course now I have access to them all again, I'm loving wearing them all and started my #necklace365 project which is currently on hold as I have had so much going on (childcare issues, new job, sorting out stuff in the house, photo editing as I've been practising more with my new camera, twin two year olds,...!), I've been having to spend a lot of time on general life stuff lately.

If you'd like to see more about my dressing table, you can see its makeover here with a review of the furniture painting company, Upcycled Boutique.

What do you use to store your jewellery?  A traditional jewellery box or something a bit different?  Does anyone else have an insane collection?!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100