Saturday 13 January 2018

My favourite Bloody Mary cocktail recipe

When Nik and I had a night out in Brighton a couple of months ago, we went for a cocktail at Twisted Lemon and Nik had a Virgin Mary which isn't something either of us would usually order but we both loved it (I had quite a few "sips" and would have ordered one myself if we didn't have to leave for dinner)!  So when I saw a Bloody Mary recipe in the latest Waitrose Food magazine, I decided to give it a try but we've changed a couple of things so it's more to our taste and usually make it without the alcohol which actually makes them pretty healthy and they're super easy and quick to make.  (Waitrose also have this recipe on their website which is a bit different again.)



Serves 2
Ingredients:
250ml tomato juice
100ml vodka (optional - leave out for a Virgin Mary)
20ml Worcestershire sauce
juice of 1 lemon (keep a slice to garnish - we found this makes a difference as you smell it as you drink)
1/4 tsp celery salt (I bought mine back in Glasgow's Wholefoods Market)
2-3 dashes Tabasco
ice
sprig of rosemary - to garnish

Method:

Fill a tall glass with ice.  Mix all the ingredients in a jug and pour over the ice, garnish with slice of lemon and rosemary.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100