Thursday 14 April 2016

Pelli Anni Tea Set from Scandinavian Design Center - recommendation by Bex

I often think of things and businesses I'd love to recommend but rarely get round to writing about them these days!  Recently though I bought this gorgeous little tin tea set for the twins and received excellent customer service from Scandinavian Design Center.  They are based in Sweden so shipping is £5 but if you sign up to their newsletter you get a £5 discount!


I've been searching for a cute little tea set for a while but couldn't find one I liked.  So many of them are plastic and/or excessively girly.  A lot of the wooden ones are very expensive and a bit dull.  This metal tea set from Pelli Anni, however, is super cute, colourful and unisex.  Designed bKarin Mannerstål, it was on the more expensive side at £26 but for a good quality, metal, beautifully designed product I was happy to pay a bit more.  I absolutely love the design with the funky animals and bright colours.  It's technically not recommended for under 3s but I'm happy for them to play with it while I'm supervising.


When it arrived I was so excited but when I unpacked it, I noticed the teapot lid handle was sitting squint.  When I looked closer it was due to a dent in the lid so I contacted the company asking for a replacement or partial refund.  I knew it would most likely get a few bashes from the twins anyway but wasn't happy having paid full price for a new product which was damaged.  I was hoping for the second option as I didn't want to have to worry about packing it all up again to return it and wait a long time again for them to receive it back in Sweden and then dispatch another (shipping didn't actually take very long, only around 5 days but I'm rather impatient when I get excited)!


Luckily they responded as I hoped and offered me a discount due to the damage which I happily accepted.  I'm so excited I can finally let them play with it :)


If you're on the hunt for something similar, I highly recommend it.  I also spotted this animal tin tea set by another Swedish designer for £25 on The Kid Who where you can get 10% off your first order by signing up to their email list.  I prefer our tea set but I do love these animal tins by Ingela Arrhenius.


Update:  We had a great time playing with our new tea set in the sunshine!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100