Monday 17 September 2012

Outfit Post - Statement necklace

On my parents' last night with us in Glasgow we went out to Chaophraya for dinner (review to follow - it was even better than the 1st time Nik and I went).  I wore another new item I bought on a shopping trip with Mum, a new statement necklace.  You may have noticed I do love statement jewellery - rings, necklaces, sometimes earrings - and I couldn't resist this one at a bargain £7.99 from New Look...





I think it has a very Asian look and I love the burgundy coloured enamel against the gold with black beads.  I initially struggled to find something to wear it with as I had imagined it against my crew neck plain black T-shirt but that was in the wash!  My vests were all too low cut for it to look right - I felt it had to have a full background and not be half onto a top as it looked silly and it was too long to wear bare against my chest as it fell behind my tops (they're not THAT low cut!)

I didn't even think of a polo neck until Mum suggested it and I dug out an old black knit from Bay, many years ago.  I wore it with smart dark jeans (Oasis), black boots (Office), a gold cuff (Primark) and my diamond studs (Rox).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It really suits you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100