Monday 29 April 2013

Glencoe with Gems Part 2 - The Clachaig Inn and beyond!

We walked through Glencoe village to the country road to the Inn and happened to pass a Spanish lady wearing a fab olive green waterproof coat!  Lovely R went to ask her (and practice his Spanish) where it was from for me!  Sadly it is some little known make which I've never found.



The walk along the tree-lined road was lovely, especially after a couple of wines, I was a little hyper and running ahead or lagging behind to take photos.





I love coming across heart shaped things in nature and spotted this heart shaped leaf (which I suspect someone placed) sitting perfectly in a tree trunk!



We soon arrived at the Clachaig and ordered dinner and a few pints of cider...




The serious business of saucing!

Happy tums and happy faces!  :)

Steak & Ale pie, chips, cabbage and clapshot.



R rocks my sunglasses!

The next morning we packed up and had croissants and bread with bovril for breakfast before splitting into teams! Gemma, Margie and R all did the fit thing of hiking up the Pap of Glencoe, whereas Nik and I went for a flat walk round Glencoe Lochan hunting for shrooms!


Taken with my Nikon D300s

Taken with my Nikon D300s


Taken with my Nikon D300s



Taken with my Nikon D300s

 Taken with my Nikon D300s

Taken with my Nikon D300s

Imagine that view from your front garden!


So much blue sky!

Pap of Glencoe from the village




Purple Shrooms!
Taken with my Nikon D300s

This slug had devoured one of the shrooms!

After picking up the guys from their hike, we headed to a cute little cafe by the village for lunch before heading back down the road to Glasgow.


Rainbow over Rannoch Moor (taken from moving car again)
We enjoyed a P!nk  and Kelly Clarkson sing-along (although I'm not sure the boys did!)  It was SUCH a fab weekend, we're so lucky it's only a couple of hours away from Glasgow and we can head up there for a day trip or a quick weekend away.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like it was just wonderful! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100