Wednesday 6 November 2013

My Halloween Costume - Pin It Do It

by Bex


I found plenty of inspiration for my outfit on Pinterest.  I wanted to wear my fangs but didn't want to be a vampire again.  Initially I was just going to be the 'Halloween Queen' as I saw so many Halloweeny ideas but not one specific outfit I liked.  I was a bit worried about it looking just a bit random so ended up focussing on the spider aspect as I thought my fangs would work with that and I saw loads of great make-up ideas.

http://pinterest.com/pin/250794272972333835/

http://pinterest.com/pin/250794272972330576/

http://pinterest.com/pin/250794272972317011/

http://pinterest.com/pin/250794272972312651/


http://pinterest.com/pin/250794272972472251/

In the end, with all of my frantic last minute decorating and making food, I didn't have much time to spend on my make-up so had to do it from memory.  I had planned to copy the eyeliner from the page of ideas above with more green underneath like the full on web effect with a spider dangling.  I even tried to book my wedding make-up artist but she wasn't available unfortunately.  In the end, I think I did an OK job and I was REALLY pleased with the creepy contacts I got for £4.99 from Play.com!  It was all done in a bit of a rush so I just put on black lipstick rather than try the green effect above.

Other ideas I liked included this web crown but again I ran out of time.  I did take my spiky diamante collar necklace and strung up some spider charms to dangle from it like a web.

http://pinterest.com/pin/250794272972353296/
I wanted to do a mix of nails like this idea below but with a spider theme.

http://pinterest.com/pin/250794272972341175/

I wore my old Halloween skirt which I bought on eBay a few years ago with an old lace web top tucked in.  I also got some great green web tights on eBay and wore my buckle boots from Office.

So here is the final result:



My earrings were made using the same spider charms from eBay and beads and jewellery findings I already had.



I made the gloves about 10 years ago out of a pair of childrens' tights.


The webs and spider were drawn on with liquid eyeliner and I stuck the gems on with eyelash glue.  My eyelashes were from The Art Store.





For my nails, I got some spider stickers on eBay (they turned out to be MUCH larger than the picture so I only put them on my thumbs) and borrowed a tiny nail brush from Lauren (thanks Lauren!) to paint a web (thanks Lara for copying my design onto my right hand for me!).  I also got some green gems on eBay for sticking on my face webs and added one to the nail web too.  I also made one nail glittery (would have done more but it's a nightmare to get off!).








Thanks to Rebecca, Roz and Nik for taking the photos of me and my outfit and to Bella for the ones of my nails :)

I'm linking up with Transatlantic Blonde's What I wore Wednesday again today, go and see what she made for her son and her fab Dia de Los Muertos make-up!


6 comments:

Amanda M said...

Well, you look AMAZING! This is beyond fancy dress and into the realms of artistry!

RedTagChicLosAngeles said...

They all look soooo authentic!!!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Tami Von Zalez said...

What a cute idea! Lurvs the dangly spider charm ~

Popped by from WIWW

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love your spidery eye makeup - it looks amazing! Linking up from WIWW :)
Hannah x

Melaina25 said...

Those contacts are soo creepy! You looked great and sounds like it was a fun night!

✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

Unknown said...

I love the cobweb tights - they are so cool. The make up is so cool too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

TOTS100

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100